Tuesday, January 15, 2019

1.15.19 Family Temple Trip


A friend posted this wisdom and I had to save it. Long ago, 20 years or so, my mother gave temple bags to me and my grandma Lasley and grandpa Lasley for Christmas. At the time none of the recipients were that focused on the temple. I was a bit mad about the gift at the time. But I stashed it in my dresser and life rolled on. My heart was broken my plans rearranged and I headed to school far far away. You could say I found myself there, then I found my sweet husband.
The following year in 2000 I attended the temple to complete all my work there. It was marvelous. I felt so at home. It was a blessing to have my grandparents with us.  In the next 19 years we have grown to this group!

These kiddos are so excited to go to the temple any chance they get. Mark as the newest attendee was anxious and excited! I got to be the babysitter of Lia this night but was thankful to know the rest of the group was together in the temple and I could be but I needed to be with Alia that night. 


There is great strength in family and spiritual worship. We are blessed to know and interact with these cousins and grandparents. God is good and even though our prayers sometimes take a while they will be answered greater than we can imagine. Now the kids are great genealogists like grandma Lasley, my mom is also a geneology tracker. With many more anxious bodies waiting for their turn.
My nephew who is 7 was mad that Mark could go and not him. In his mind they are the same age. Someday soon he will be able to go too and follow Mark's example. Family goes on and on and God loves us all and wants us to be with Him again. We can do that through temple attendance and geneology. I'm thankful for the prayers of my mother and for her example.

No comments:

Post a Comment